Will a verbal modification to a contract void the written contract?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jefferson, GA

Verbally changed my pay, thus I turned in a two week notice but the written contract states I must give 30 days. Is the written contract still valid? In GA

1. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

1

1

Answered . If there is a written contract then the only way it can be changed is by a written contract.

2. Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Answered . An agreement to change your rent does not terminate your written lease. Thus, the notice requirement is likely still valid.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

3. Amy Uchenna Oraefo

Answered . Generally, a written contract can only be changed by a written modification and not an oral modification of the terms of the agreement. Any verbal modification made in the written contract is most likely void if both parties did not agree to the modification and the modification is not in writing. Thus, the terms of the original contract will most likely be enforced.