Will a traffic Misdemeanor affect Green Card Processing? We drove to CT a month ago from NJ, My husband is H1b holder.

Norwalk, CT |

unfortunately we met with a very minor accident, and the most unfortunate situation was my husband forgot to carry his wallet where he had his driver license, insurance.Cop took my husband to their office and inquired him, after all verification with his SSN they found his record clean and so they left him in couple of hours but gave a misdemeanor summon for failure of carrying documents and asked to appear to court with all documents. We did appeared to the judge and showed all our papers, the judge did not fine us and said tat after the insurance settlement for the opposite party who met accident with us the case will be closed and asked us to come on April 15 2013! We are applying his GC and H1b for me(I am in H4) in this April. Will we be affected because of this ?

The opposite party who met accident with us did not suffer any injuries and his car had a minor damage (few scratches on his car door) only.

It might, but you will be OK.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

The report we got from the police says my husband was arrested under violation 14.215a. Violations listed in the summon are 14.215, 14.213, 14.213a. That is why we are worried.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Connecticut?

yes. the accident took place in Connecticut

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I will look it up and tell you later

thank you

Not on the facts you give

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

No. There should be no issue.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.