Will a traffic Misdemeanor affect Green Card Processing? We drove to CT a month ago from NJ, My husband is H1b holder.

unfortunately we met with a very minor accident, and the most unfortunate situation was my husband forgot to carry his wallet where he had his driver license, insurance.Cop took my husband to their office and inquired him, after all verification with his SSN they found his record clean and so they left him in couple of hours but gave a misdemeanor summon for failure of carrying documents and asked to appear to court with all documents. We did appeared to the judge and showed all our papers, the judge did not fine us and said tat after the insurance settlement for the opposite party who met accident with us the case will be closed and asked us to come on April 15 2013! We are applying his GC and H1b for me(I am in H4) in this April. Will we be affected because of this ?

Norwalk, CT -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

It might, but you will be OK.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Not on the facts you give

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

No. There should be no issue.