Will a Superior Court lose jurisdiction if it fails to verify it's jurisdiction?

Manteca, CA |

Due to judicial misconduct I filed a request to the new judge to determine if the court still had jurisdiction. The new judge refused to delve into the matter and simply claimed it was moot. I felt I had the right for the actions of the previous judge to be reviewed as it made a major difference in the case. the last judge's finding and rulings remained in effect with the new judge stating he agreed with the judge and adopted his ruling. There never was a full review.

I am not an attorney in your state, but as a general rule, a party failing to challenge personal jurisdiction during the very first appearance or action, accepts jurisdiction and loses the opportunity to challenge same afterward. That is likely why the judge noted your challenge was moot. You already accepted the courts's jurisdiction. This is a relatively simple concept, if you are involved in a complicated matter, there are far more confusing and obtuse twists and turns in your future----recommend you consider hiring an attorney if the matter is critical to you.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. What is your question?

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

3. No, a Superior Court will not lose jurisdiction under the circumstances you describe.