Will a Superior Court lose jurisdiction if it fails to verify it's jurisdiction?

Asked over 1 year ago - Manteca, CA

Due to judicial misconduct I filed a request to the new judge to determine if the court still had jurisdiction. The new judge refused to delve into the matter and simply claimed it was moot. I felt I had the right for the actions of the previous judge to be reviewed as it made a major difference in the case. the last judge's finding and rulings remained in effect with the new judge stating he agreed with the judge and adopted his ruling. There never was a full review.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . I am not an attorney in your state, but as a general rule, a party failing to challenge personal jurisdiction during the very first appearance or action, accepts jurisdiction and loses the opportunity to challenge same afterward. That is likely why the judge noted your challenge was moot. You already accepted the courts's jurisdiction. This is a relatively simple concept, if you are involved in a complicated matter, there are far more confusing and obtuse twists and turns in your future----recommend you consider hiring an attorney if the matter is critical to you.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

2

1

Answered . No, a Superior Court will not lose jurisdiction under the circumstances you describe.

3. Antoinette Cara Liewen

2

Answered . What is your question?