Will a student OPT EAD denial create any future immigration problems?

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: F-1 visa for students

Hi,

I am on F1 and I just got news of a denial for my I765 application.
The reason for denial is that I had an approved EAD from before at the same level (masters)
Though I know that it shudnt but to be sure, will this impact any future immigration(eg applying for an EAD coz of a pending I485 etc.)??

1. You managed to lose me completely.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Depends on what you said on this EAD application - hopefully nothing untrue. Generally an OPT denial in and of itself should not be a problem for getting future EADs based on other grounds.

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

3. Did you file it with I-20 endorsed by the school or you merely completed the form and sent it?

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.