Will a repossession show up on my credit report if I turn in my car after Chap. 7 discharge? I'm still making payments.

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

I see that my car payments are not showing up on my credit report. This car loan was discharged. I want to buy a new car to repair my credit but don't want a repossession to appear on my credit report.

1. Rex Tran

3

Answered . If you did not reaffirm the debt, the repossession or any other negative actions on your credit report should not show up. If anything does show up on your credit report, you should consult your bankruptcy attorney to dispute it.

2. Jonathan David Leventhal

2

Answered . No, provided that the debt was never reaffirmed.

Jonathan Leventhal, Esq..
    Leventhal Law Group, P.C.
    818-347-5800

NO EX-PARTE NOTICE VIA VOICE MAIL OR EMAIL: I do not accept e-mail notice for ex parte Applications via voicemail or by email. You must comply with California Law and give notice to a person in my office during regular business hours.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

Leventhal Law Group, P.C. is a Debt Relief Agency under federal law.

Note: The Leventhal Law Group, P.C. does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and a representative of the Leventhal Law Group, P.C. and all fees listed in the agreement have been paid.

3. Brian Crozier Whitaker

2

Answered . Probably not ... but that would be a pretty poor reason for keeping and paying more for a car than what it's worth.

4. Ross M. Mumme

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, provided you never reaffirmed, you are in the clear. That is one of the benefits you receive in bankruptcy.