Will a problem at the US border show up on an FBI criminal record check?

Farmington Hills, MI |

A few years ago, I was caught at the US border with marijuana paraphernalia. They gave me the option to have local authorities come in and arrest me or I could pay a fine and they would let me go and enter the country. I have since been allowed to re-enter the US. There was no arrest or police involvement. I was wondering if this information will show up in an FBI criminal record check? (I am a Canadian citizen)

You should contact a local Canadian Attorney who specializes in background checks, to confirm what process you must follow (assuming it is available to you as a Canadian citizen) to request your U.S. Federal criminal record, as well as the State criminal record of the State where you were caught (it sounds like you were caught at the Detroit/Windsor or Port Huron/Sanilac borders -- if so, then Michigan would of course be where you would conduct the "State" criminal background search. Good luck, and next time, be VERY careful when crossing an International border. All my best, Matt Catchick.