Will a notarized written letter suffice or will I have to get a power of attorney for my mom to take my kids to the doctor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Poplar Bluff, MO

I live in California and I want to let my kids stay with my parents (their grandparents) in Missouri for the summer. If my kids get sick and need to go to the doctor my parents will have to take them. Will a notarized written letter suffice or will I have to get a power of attorney for my mom to take my kids to the doctor for the summer?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . power of attorney

2. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . In Michigan, we use a POA for this purpose. Your CA mileage may vary, however. I would suggest that you re-post your summary using a CA location, in order to get responses from CA attorneys. Unless they subscribe to national posts, which many attorneys do not, your summary would not otherwise be seen by someone licensed in CA.

James Frederick

3. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

1

Answered . Counsel are correct, at least when it comes to Connecticut. As noted by Attorney Frederick, you will wish to review this matter with California counsel. Good luck to you.