Will a non traffic citation show on my backround check?

Asked about 2 years ago - Pottstown, PA

Got a 239.00 fine from taking 13 dollars from work and another 90 from coworkers, didnt have to go to court but got a criminal mischief citation. Will that show on my backround check?

1. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

5

1

Answered . It can. If you were finger printed it will show up. However if you were just issued a citation it would only show up of the searcher searched the records of the specific Magisterial District where the citation was issued.

2. Geoffrey David Hood

4

1

Answered . The key is whether you were processed, fingerprinted and photographed, after receiving the citation. Typically, you are not which would mean that only a search of the specific District Court database would produce any result.

3. William Charles Sipio

Pro

2

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. I should note that if the conviction for criminal mischief was a summary offense only, it is more than five years old and you have been arrest and prosecution free during that time period, Pennsylvania law permits you to file an expungement petition in the Court of Common Pleas in the county where the offense occurred. The expungement petition will essentially "erase" the conviction and purge it from most ordinary criminal databases if granted by the court. This includes docket sheets for the applicable Magisterial District Court. Even if you were not fingerprinted and "booked" you can still expunge the record from the local court. I recommend speaking to an attorney regarding expungement.

4. Andrew Joseph Edelberg

1

Answered . It can. If its over three years you can have it expunged or wiped clean. If not. Pardoned by governor. Run state,police check for nominal fee to see of it shows.