Will a misdemeanor b theft by check conviction keep me from becoming a nurse?

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntsville, TX

I wrote the check thinking I had the money in my account. It was less than $100 and I was convicted of it in 2009. I now want to apply for nursing school and was wondering if this would hinder me from doing so.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

1

Answered . It's unfortunate that you took a conviction. Now you are stuck with a crime of moral turptitude on your record. You will at least have to explain this to the board. You should contact them directly to find out if it's an absolute bar.

2. Michael R Crosner

Answered . Depending on all the facts of the 2009 violation & the nature of the "conviction" - was it a trial conviction; etc. You should obtain copies of the court record & speak to the attorney who represented you to full understand to conviction. Then you need to contact the nurse's board & ask your questions - or consult an attorney who handles license matter for their advice & assistance.