Will a mandatory protection order between a couple cause an alert to airport security if they get boarding passes together?

Littleton, CO |

My spouse and I had a domestic dispute and a mandatory protection order is in place until it is dismissed by a judge or the probation period is over. We have a flight planned that we do not want to miss. Our tickets were purchased together. Will the order appear when he picks up his boarding pass? Will an alert appear when I pick my pass up?

1. No, the airlines do not have the time, resources, or the ability to check the national criminal database necessary to find the protection order.

2. No -- the airlines will not know.

Of course, if there is contact with police and they put together the fact that he is in violation of a no contact order, he will ride in the back of a police car.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. No, the airlines and TSA are nowhere near that sophisticated. You just do not want to be caught by any law enforcement personnel together if there is a no contact order preventing you from having contact with each other.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.