Will a lawyer be able to get me out if this? please read

Asked over 2 years ago - Miami, FL

im 16 have good grades and have 100+ service hours already and have never been arrested. today I went to the mall with this girl and i purchased 50 dollars worth of stuff at the store and in the dressing room she placed a 30 dollar thing in my bag. we left the store and a security guy came up to us asking for the item then we both showed him our bags and of course it was in mine so we both got arrested but all they have is a video of her going into the dressing room with the item ... then they guy found it in my bag.. but technically i could have not know about it? please help im getting a good lawyer but i just want opinions of what could happen now

1. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

7

Best Answer

Answered . Any lawyer, much less a good lawyer, should be able to get you into a Pretrial Diversion/Teen Court program that would result in dismissal of the case; which is the best way for you to resolve a case with this fact pattern.

2. Eric Matthew Matheny

1

Answered . Hire a lawyer and set the case for trial. The state is rarely able to proceed on these shoplifting cases. Most get dismissed on the day of trial. Once dismissed, you can expunge your record.

3. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

2

Answered . Attorney Hornsby is right. You already are doing the right thing by hiring an attorney. Your own attorney with all the facts can help you much better than any of us without all the facts. Good Luck!

4. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

Answered . Seeing as you were arresstted the best thing you can do is hire a lawyer. I'm glad that you did so and s/he should be ale to resolve this favorably for you. Good Luck!