Will a foreclosure on my credit report affect my credit score? The mortgage was discharged in Ch7 bankruptcy.

Alton, IL |

Mortgage was discharged in Ch 7 bankruptcy and shows $0 balance on credit report. My credit score is almost 700. The bank will now go through the foreclosure process to release the lien of the property in my name (post bankruptcy discharge date). I know this will be public record. Does this affect my CREDIT SCORE at all? That's my main concern.

1. Yes, bankruptcy is a derogatory event which will harm your credit score.

Disclaimer: This site exists to provide information only. It is not legal advice. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am a Massachusetts lawyer. Any information provided on this site does not, except as explicitly stated, imply familiarity with laws or procedures peculiar to your state which may differ from those where I practice.

2. Yes. Both the bankruptcy and the foreclosure will affect your credit score.

3. The foreclosure will negatively affect your credit score.