Will a dui affect my existing bank job?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Anaheim, CA

i have not been convicted but my court date is next month.. my alcohol level was .28. I cannot afford a lawyer so i will abviously pleed quilty.

1. Answered . If I may provide a few suggestions; #1) talk to a lawyer before you plead guilty to anything. Many lawyers would be willing to at least answer some questions and several might even look at the reports free of charge just to see if there are any legal issues you might be able to win to have evidence suppressed or you blood result thrown out. #2) I know you indicate you have a job, but there is still a chance because of your financial situation that you might qualify for the Public Defender. When you go into court on your first court date, ask if you could fill out an application to see if you qualify for the Public Defender #3) the court's also have a panel of attorney's who will take your case at a reduced rate and you may want to check that out as well. I would not plead guilty until someone looks over your case. Lastly, a .28 blood alcohol is extremely high. Almost 3 1/2 times the legal limit. You may want to take a long hard look at your drinking and realize it is beginning to cause serious problems in your life, you may want to consider attending an AA session or two, it could be the best thing you ever did for yourself. Don't wait until your life is out of control. Although I do not know the official policy of your employer, it is unlikely that your will lose your job as this conviction does not involve dishonesty, but still another reason to see a good criminal lawyer.