Will a drug paraphernalia ticket be on my record even if I don't have a license?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flower Mound, TX

The officer said that the ticket was just a traffic ticket but I will have a warrant if I fail pay which I don't have the money for.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . Yes the ticket will be on your record. There is a chance if it gets dismissed (even through a deferred disposition), the court will never report it to DPS. But you should assume the moment you receive the citation that it's on your record. It will be cheaper (and better for your record) to hire a ticket attorney to handle this for you. You do not want to be running around with a warrant.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . You need to go to court and make arrangements. Often you can work out payment arrangements or possibly even a dismissal with a class and community service.

www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Drug Lawyer
    512-495-1813

3. Zev Goldstein

Pro

3

Answered . The officer lied. This is a criminal matter. Which is why you you will have a warrant for not answering it.