Will a drug paraphernalia ticket be on my record even if I don't have a license?

Flower Mound, TX |
Filed under: Traffic tickets

The officer said that the ticket was just a traffic ticket but I will have a warrant if I fail pay which I don't have the money for.

1. The officer lied. This is a criminal matter. Which is why you you will have a warrant for not answering it.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

2. You need to go to court and make arrangements. Often you can work out payment arrangements or possibly even a dismissal with a class and community service.

www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Drug Lawyer
    512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Yes the ticket will be on your record. There is a chance if it gets dismissed (even through a deferred disposition), the court will never report it to DPS. But you should assume the moment you receive the citation that it's on your record. It will be cheaper (and better for your record) to hire a ticket attorney to handle this for you. You do not want to be running around with a warrant.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

Traffic tickets topics