Skip to main content

Will a driving without insurance citation violate my state parole?

Charleroi, PA |

I haven't had any other violations and have been on parole without incident for the past 2 years. I'm in the state of PA.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


While the offense may be a technical violation, if you have no other violations over the past two years, I suspect that everything will work out. I suggest that you contact your attorney ASAP. He or she will most likely advise you to (1) contact your parole officer w/i 24 hours of the police contact; (2) pay the citation; and, (3) obtain insurance for your vehicle. Good luck!


Issues may arise, depending upon the reason that you were on probation. Specifically, if the probation was related to a driving incident there may be some complications.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.


Probably not, if it stays a traffic citation. Contact a lawyer and get this handled quickly.


My understanding is that State Parole makes a big distinction between convictions in a "court of record" versus a "non-court of record." In other words, if you plead guilty at the magisterial district court level, you should be fine, while you will be in trouble if you are convicted in the Court of Common Pleas. That being said, many summary offenses will also trigger technical violations, even if they never get past the magisterial district court level. For example, a public drunkenness conviction will form the basis for a technical violation, since you are not allowed to drink on parole.


Its a technical violation of parole or probation. If you are under supervision of the PA State Parole Board, they may violate you. if you are under probation from a judge, probably not.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer