Will a dismissed ticket show on my driving record?

Greensboro, NC |

I have an a NC resident and received a ticket in SC. I hired a lawyer and did not pay any fees towards the ticket and was told the ticket was dismissed. I had a job interview and told them I had no traffic violations because I assumed it wouldn't be on my record. Is that correct or will they see the violation as being dismissed?

Yes, it will still appear as a charge on your record. However, it will also state that the disposition of that charge was dismissed. You are absolutely correct though by telling the potential employer that you have no traffic violations since the case was dismissed.

Call Trial Attorney Dustin RT Sullivan at (910) 508-2200 or visit us at www.sullivansnowlaw.com to find out more.

The legal matter is likely to appear but the disposition will likely not cause an employer alarm unless your job directly relates to driving.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Will show on driving record. You are correct as to having no violations since the case was dismissed.

Traffic tickets topics