Will a court set aside a settlement agreement if signed based on your own attorney's lies?

Orlando, FL |

I signed a divorce settlement in mediation accepting our business and home as my settlement based on my attorney's assurance that everything must be current when transfered. I made a big deal of it as my ex had removed all finacials and was depositing all corp income into his personal account which he said he was paying all bills from and brought no list of unpaid liabilities to mediation to be subtracted from the business value. My attorney didn't put this in the settlement and I ended up with over 100.000g in unpaid bills. I'm attempting to sue him for malpractice and vacate the settlement but wondered if the court would consider this since he was my attorney.

1. Perhaps, just because we would need to review the entire situation and determine what exactly went on.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

2. It may be possible, but you have to move quickly and bring all the matters to the court's attention - consult an attorney immediately.

J. Garry Rooney
    Attorney at Law
    Rooney & Rooney, P.A.
    2145 14th Avenue, Suite 20
    Vero Beach, FL 32960
    (772) 778 5400
    (772) 778 5290 (fax)
    Garry@RooneyAndRooneyLaw.com
    www.RooneyAndRooneyLaw.com
    www.VeroLawFirm.com

3. Possibly but I suggest you move fast and hire another attorney to review your case and see what the next step is. Contact my Orlando office at 407-377-6828 if you would like to discuss further.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.