Will a Continuation without a Finding on a misdemeanor DWI charge show up on my record after probation is completed?

Douglas, MA |

I was charged with misdemeanor DWI 2 1/2 years ago and received Continuation without a Finding and 1 year's probation. I completed my probation and paid all fines/fees in a timely manner. Will this charge show up on my criminal record? Do I have to include this charge when filling out applications (non-government jobs)? In addition, I'm looking to take a trip to Toronto in the near future, will I be allowed into Canada? I've had no other run-ins with the law prior to this incident or since.

This dismissal will not be reported on a general employment inquiry, but may be reported in certain instances such as applications for working with elderly or children, and industries that have privileged access. If your probation is completed, it won't inhibit your travel at all.

Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in reading my response, you are interested in retaining me to represent you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

However, you can have it sealed.
Canada has very peculiar conditions regarding this.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

The charge will show up as dismissed on your CORI. Who can see it will depend on the level of access that the employer has, for example jobs that work with vulnerable populations such as children have access to see dismissed cases.

This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.