Will a bench warrant for speeding tickets show up on a FBI criminal check

Asked almost 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

I'm in the process of changing a brazilian tourist visa to a permanent visa after my marriage here. I need to supply a FBI criminal check to the federal police here. Will the offenses potentially deny my visa?

1. David J. Winer

2

Answered . It may show up if the agency or court that issued the wararnt puts it on the "LEADS" computer, which is a nationwide warrant data system. I would not take a chance, so hire an attorney to get it cleared up.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Any live pending warrant in the national database( LEEDS system) will show on the FBI criminal check.

3. Max Allen Keller

Pro

2

Answered . It MAY show up (the bench warrant). Will it hurt your VISA application: Unknown. YOU need to get an experienced Immigration atty. from your area ASAP.

4. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . A bench warrant is very likely to show up on the criminal check. When you apply for permanent residency, you have to state all locations you have recently lived. You also ahve to state if you have been charged or have any ongoing court action. The failure to state the past events and the current issue can result in you being denied immigration benefits and further subjecting you to deportation. I suggest you contact a criminal attorney witin the jurisdiction of the bench warrants and deal with it head on. Good luck.