Will a "do not consent" form or affidavit of truth hold up in court in family court?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lakewood, CO

I've been told that constitutional law prohibits the government from interfering with personal matters (custody case). And that it is a violation of my natural and unalienable rights and that I do not have consent to the court taking jurisdiction over my personal family matters.

1. Karl J Geil

2

Answered . If you are referring to the group of people who call themselves "sovereign citizens" and believe they can simply "opt out" of various federal and state laws, then someone is selling you a bill of goods. If you take that approach, the case will move forward without your participation, and you will likely lose the ability to spend time with your children.

The 10th Amendment to U.S. Constitution leaves matters of family law, including child custody matters, to the states, because Congress was not empowered by Article I, Section 8, to legislate in those areas.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . Can you clarify? What is a "do not consent" affidavit?

3. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

2

Answered . I don't understand either what you're referring to.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Sounds like you believe you can put an end to the courts jurisdiction over you by some act or affirmation. You cannot.