Will 1st DWI affect me to apply H1B visa in the US?

Katy, TX |

I am currently OPT. I have a Master degree in the U.S. I got arrested in Texas. I am planning to be part of the DIVERT program. I work for Oil & Gas industry.

I agree with my colleagues. Your DWI probably do no affect your employer's H1B petition. If you have to apply for a H1B visa at a U.S. Consulate, you should do so after you successfully complete the program.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

It probably will not affect the H-1B petition but may cause problems during visa stamping overseas. Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Dallas, TX

www.verdinlaw.com

A DUI is not considered a crime of the moral turpitude. Therefore, it should not affect your ability to obtain an H-1B visa.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No, it will not adversely impact your H-1B chances.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

Yes, it very well could. go see adan vega or bruce coane both immigration specialists in houston.

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.