Wife was knocked down by an associate at Sam's club . pretty banged up .

when entering Sam's , a store employee - coming from the inside of the entrance , was pushing a flat - bed cart . my wife was knocked off her feet , to the concrete floor , in front of the stores greeter , and other employees of the club . nothing broken , but very bruised , and sore . should we wait to hear from their legal department ? we don't want to start a big legal fight , but what to do , and what should we expect ? ( will they offer to pay damages ? ) they said their management would review the video .

Colorado Springs, CO -

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Christopher Daniel Leroi

Business Attorney - Greenwood Village, CO

You would be best served in seeking a personal injury attorney at least for advice. If you retain one, they only take a percentage of the payment. It will depend on the negligence of the Sam' Club employee and the extent of your injuries. As all of the injuries were "soft tissue" injuries (i.e. no broken bones), it is doubtful that they will pay much in damages.

Sagi Shaked

Sagi Shaked

Personal Injury Lawyer - Miami, FL

Get a lawyer to send them a letter to preserve the video of the incident. Your wife should also seek medical treatment asap if she is hurt.

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Kenneth Lee LaBore

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Minneapolis, MN

Make sure that an incident report was filed.

There may be coverage if you are injured under medical payments provisions of the Sam's Club insurance.

If your wife is not injured enough to receive medical treatment it make by a tough case.

If she is injured I recommend that you seek a consultation with a local personal injury attorney. You can find a qualified attorney on AVVO.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Personal Injury Lawyer - Fort Myers, FL

Hire a personal injury if she is injured.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Jose, CA

Get a free consult with a lawyer. Get your wife checked thoroughly by her doctor. Get photos of her injuries/bruises. Dont give a staement or sign anything from Sams. They are not looking to help you, only to deny the claim.