Wife is plaintiff, I am defendant. Wife dissipated an asset an was found for dissipation.

Clinton, NJ |

In a pro se motion filing to add a party, do I request to add the party receiving the dissipated property as a defendant? i.e. can I as a defendant sue another defendant (along with the plaintiff) for the value of the dissipation? Or do I ask in the motion to "add a party"? So to be clear - do I ask to add "a party" or "a proposed defendant"? Thank you.

If you are in divorce court, a 3rd party can not be added to the Complaint without the Court's permission.

Wayne Plaza II
155 Route 46 West
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone No. (973) 256-0456
Fax No. (973) 256-4784

This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. For legal advice, please contact and retain an attorney of your own choosing.

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions