Wife got pregnant with another man while married. Husband is on the birth cert.. Now real father died. Husband wants divorce

Winter Haven, FL |
Filed under: Family law

I got pregnant with another man while im married with my husband. My husband has no clue that he is not the real father. He signed the birth certificate. Now, husband wants to divorce me wheh he found out the truth. Can I get child support from the real father who passed away? I don't want to get child support from my husband since he is not the real father? What can I do? please advice.

1. You need a lawyer that handles Legal/Bio issues of Paternity and handles Estate matters. This is too complicated with too much at stake to handle over the internet. Your child deserves the best.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

2. I agree this is way too complicated for an online forum and you need to be discussing directly with an attorney. The problem I see you having is that there is no legally established paternity of the now deceased biological father. I wish you the best.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

3. If the biological father of the child is deceased and paternity was never established. You will not be able to recover from the estate. Your husband can file a Petition to Disestablish Paternity or contest it in the divorce if you try to claim the child is his. You should really hire an attorney to assist you with this. Good Luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

4. If the biological father of the child is deceased and paternity was never established. You will not be able to recover from the estate. Your husband can file a Petition to Disestablish Paternity or contest it in the divorce if you try to claim the child is his. You should really hire an attorney to assist you with this. Good Luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.