Wife agreed to go back to work but never did. Can this be used to help me with reducing alimony?

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I have been married for 18+ years. Before we decided to have kids we agreed that wife would stay at home until they were old enough for her to go back to work. This was after the youngest left elementary school but of course wife never returned to work and never showed an interest. Does this help my case?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . You have posted a series of 27 questions here about your impending divorce. For this quantity of legal advice, you need to consult with an experienced and skilled family law attorney. Your expectations of this Q and A service are beyond what can prudently be counted on.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

1

Answered . This is not the only matter a judge will consider in deciding spousal support and/or child support. You need to look at family code section 4320 on the issue of spousal support. Suggest you get an attorney.

3. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

1

Answered . The legal advice you're getting in response to these questions, without any factual details, is worth what you're paying for it. If you have serious concerns, then you're taking the right first steps by writing them down; the next step, however, is for you to sit down with that list with an experienced family law attorney and get real answers.