Widowed 5 years, am I free to remarry?

Phoenix, AZ |

I live in AZ, fiancee lives in AL,
Do I need paperwork stating I am a widow, like previous husbands death certificate? thank you,

1. In Arizona, you are NOT required to show proof of the death of your former spouse as a condition of obtaining a marriage license. You are free to remarry.

** This response is provided as general information only and does not constitute legal advice or otherwise establish an attorney-client relationship. **

2. I agree with Monica, you are free to remarry. Sorry for your loss. Congratulations on finding a new love.

The above "answer" is for discussion purposes only and is neither intended as legal advice nor to create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created until after an in person consultation and I agree in writing to provide representation. I am licensed solely in the state of Arizona. You should consult with a knowledgeable attorney in your jurisdiction.

3. Yes

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.