Why would they cut my workmans compensation benefits out when im still in therepy??

Asked over 5 years ago - Houston, TX

I recently didnt recieve my workmans comp check and im still in therepy, following all rules. Cant understand why they would cut me off. im sceduled for my MMI next week. help me understand! Then i start my work harding program.

1. John R. Walker

Answered . You will probably want to contact the adjuster assigned to the claim and request an explanation.

If you are not satisfied with the explanation, please contact the Texas Department of Insurance - Division of Workers Compensation. Their website has helpful information. http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/wc/indexwc.html

2. Matthew Bruce Lewis

Pro

Answered . Sometimes they just screw up. Often, the checks are set to go out automatically for a set period of time. If the adjuster doesn't go back in and tell the computer system to keep cutting checks, then it ends for no real reason until the adjuster corrects the problem. Sometimes there is a reason why the checks stop: if you return to work, if a doctor releases you to return to work, if you reach MMI, etc. If you have not reached MMI or been released to return to work, then you may need to contact an attorney to get your benefits started again. Also, who is giving you an impairment rating? If it is the treating doctor, then ask him to wait until you finish work hardening. If you are seeing a designated doctor, then make sure he knows you are starting a work hardening program. You can view additional information at www.dallasworkcomp.com.