Why would they arrest my boyfriend for attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for defending himself?

Asked over 1 year ago - Biloxi, MS

After he bonded out, his papers say court date pending. My question is what does court date pending mean for him? We already know he needs am attorney and fast

1. Anders Ferrington

2

Answered . Pending means nothing has been set YET unless there is a return date.
    The police can charge what they want when they want. Also PLEASE do not post any more information on a public site that could be used against your boyfriend. Here is my response from your other questions
    Aggravated assault is a serious charge and I have defended these charges. The charges carries between one and twenty years in the penitentiary. Additionally, if he has prior felonies this could be enhanced to remove any possibility of parole or worse, life if he has two prior felonies and one is violent.
    YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY YESTERDAY. There are defenses that can be raised an investigations that need to be made quickly. Do not hesitate these are serious charges. Judges can sentence very harshly on these charges since it is a violent crime

2. Stacy E Pepper

Pro

2

Answered . Court date pending means that they will follow up with him on the exact date and time of his court date.

3. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . Court date pending means none is set yet. As for why your boyfriend was charged - We canot read the minds of the DA. Your BF should discuss his case with his lawyer and no one else. This is not a confidential forum.