Why would they arrest my boyfriend for attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for defending himself?

Biloxi, MS |

After he bonded out, his papers say court date pending. My question is what does court date pending mean for him? We already know he needs am attorney and fast

Court date pending means none is set yet. As for why your boyfriend was charged - We canot read the minds of the DA. Your BF should discuss his case with his lawyer and no one else. This is not a confidential forum.

Pending means nothing has been set YET unless there is a return date.
The police can charge what they want when they want. Also PLEASE do not post any more information on a public site that could be used against your boyfriend. Here is my response from your other questions
Aggravated assault is a serious charge and I have defended these charges. The charges carries between one and twenty years in the penitentiary. Additionally, if he has prior felonies this could be enhanced to remove any possibility of parole or worse, life if he has two prior felonies and one is violent.
YOU NEED AN ATTORNEY YESTERDAY. There are defenses that can be raised an investigations that need to be made quickly. Do not hesitate these are serious charges. Judges can sentence very harshly on these charges since it is a violent crime

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

Court date pending means that they will follow up with him on the exact date and time of his court date.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com