Why would the Illinois attorney general being investigating someone who died in a jail's death what does that mean and why would

Champaign, IL |

they tell a lawyer to leave it alone

I'm not quite sure what your question is, but the AG is the chief legal officer of the state, and investigates all possible statewide crimes, consumer fraud, and potential misdeeds that occur in jail.

Since I don't know who is being investigated or for whst, I'm unable to give you any specific guidance.

Stephen L. Hoffman
Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
Chicago, IL
773-944-9737
Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
Website: www.hofflawyer.com
Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

I think you need to rephrase your question. It does not make sense (at least to me).

The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are general in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and law of your case.

Perhaps you should ask the Attorney Generals Office and/ or send them a Freedpm of Informatipn request.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. He can be contacted at Burtonap@aol.com (219) 836 2200. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

There is no way to answer you qwuestion. We have no idea what is and is not being investigated or why.

The family should retain a civil rights attorney to investigate the death. I personally would tell the AG to fly a kite, as these morons don't scare me.