Why would my workers comp checks stop coming?

Asked about 2 years ago - Griffin, GA

i have been on wc for about 8 months.dr said i need a crvical fusion but insurance has denied it and wants a 2nd opinion that i have been waiting on since january.my weekly checks have stop coming.can they stop sending them anytime they get ready?

1. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.

6

Answered . You need an experienced GA WC attorney. They cannot stop your checks. What may have happened is the adjuster inputted a certain number of payments to go out weekly and she just did not put in a new order for more TTD. Adjusters do this sometimes to get the claimant to call them. Anyway your case is about to get complicated and you need an experienced GA WC attorney. cell phone is-678-362-1407.

2. Timothy Minthorn Klob

Pro

6

Answered . Based on the information provided, and unless there are some unusual facts that would change your specific situation, the insurer cannot unilaterally suspend your benefits. I agree with the other posts here that you need an experienced workers' compensation to ensure that your rights are protected and that you do not lose any important rights. I would be glad to discuss this further with you and I wish you all the best with your claim.

3. Charles C. Hamilton

5

Answered . No. In Georgia, once you have been getting WC checks for as long as you have been getting them, they can only stop your checks based on a change in condition. Generally speaking, this means that either (1) Your doctors have released you to full duty work and the insurer has given you 10 days notice of a suspenson based on the release, or (2) you have returned to work somewhere else on your own, or (3) they have formally offered you a job that you doctor says you can do, but you did not show up to try it. These are simplified a little, but generally speaking, you probably should still be getting your checks. Feel free to call if you would like to discuss your particular situation further. (770) 951-5444.

4. Michael Henry Friedman

3

Answered . Only under certain limited circumstances can the insurer stop paying weekly benefits. Call me at 404-425-6235 and I will review things with you at no charge.

5. Robert M. Gardner Jr.

3

Answered . As Mr. Herdon has stated, your case is about to get complicated. Your type of injury can be very costly to the insurance carrier and they may decide to dig in their heels. If you do not already have an attorney, you need to find one now or you may be facing the prospect of not getting the medical treatment and benefits you need now and for the rest of your life.

6. George Ellis Corson IV

4

Answered . Time to get an Attorney. The Ins Company may have already paid the estimated value of your case, but someone will have to look at your materials in person.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.
  7. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . When your checks stop it is usually a sign that the worker’s comp. carriers has received their second opinion and are probably denying your need for surgery. You need to contact a local worker’s comp. attorney ASAP.

8. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

1

Answered . All of the answers provided are correct. You do need an attorney to represent you. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please give our office a call at 404-636-6616.