Why would my husband have two security systems one i knew about the other i did not is this an invasion of my privacy I just fou

Estero, FL |

i stay home alot never thought i was being spyed on like that i am so scared i found out on my own and he also has a third person in on it his ?????friend

The scenario you provided raises a lot of questions and potentially is illegal. If you are frightened I recommend you remove yourself from the home as quickly as possible and find a safe place to spend the night. Trust your instincts, there is probably a reason you are frightened. Do not be afraid to call the police.

If your husband has been monitoring you without your consent it could be for a wide variety of reasons. Your husband may be selling the security feed onto the internet for voyeurs to watch you. If his friend is in on it there could be a reason to charge him under our relevant voyeurism statutes. The reasons could be more innocent, or worse than I imagine.

Either way, I'd go with my gut feeling and get out of there.

DISCLAIMER This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Jimmy Allen Davis, P.L.. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at www.lawofficesofjimmyallendavis.com or email me at jimmy.davis.esq@gmail.com.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

I completely agree.

You know him better than any of us would, but it does raise a red flag in my mind about his potential for abuse. You may want to contact your local domestic violence shelter for some assistance in devising a safety plan making any decisions about how you want to handle the situation. I don't think I would just confront him with it without consulting with someone familiar with the dynamics of domestic violence first.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Before making, sorry for the typo.

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

And now that you are aware that he is spying on you, you may want to be careful about how you contact them. Maybe go with a friend he approves of. There are lots of spying tools available. There are programs that can track every keystroke you make on a computer. So if you think you are in immediate danger, LEAVE first and ask questions later.

A "security system" you were not aware of, particularly one that "he also has a third person on it," is quite suspicious. It smacks of voyeurism.

Document everything and discuss it with a family law practitioner. The FL and your county bar association can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

That's really creepy. You should consult with a family lawyer.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at www.stagelaw.com.