Why would my Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applications be transferred to a local office?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

On February 15th , I received a message saying my applications were transferred ( from Vermont Service Center ) to another service center . Three hours later , I received two more messages saying my applications were transferred to my local USCIS Office for further processing . I'm curious as to some reasons why applications are transferred ? Is this a bad thing ? I meet every single one of the requirements to qualify for this and all the evidence I sent in was valid .

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . When Applications filed with a Service Center are transferred to a local USCIS District office it is for the District office to schedule a personal interview of the applicant, usually in order to question the applicant and clarify some issue that was "flagged" or noticed in the applicant's background (a previous arrest, criminal record or a similar name to someone else who is a fugitive, etc., etc.,) or to clarify a possible discrepancy in the applicant's application.

If you feel that none of the above applies to you, them. You could also fall under the 7% or so of nationwide randomly selected cases to be audited and interviewed for "quality purposes."

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

Answered . No this is not a bad thing. Not all applications are completed at the service centers because of the heavier workloads there.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . It appears that USCIS has done one of two things; either transferred an overload of these applications to the local field office for completion of processing, or they want to interview you as a matter of quality control checks. I'd retain counsel if you get called for an interview.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now