Why would my Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applications be transferred to a local office?

Miami, FL |

On February 15th , I received a message saying my applications were transferred ( from Vermont Service Center ) to another service center . Three hours later , I received two more messages saying my applications were transferred to my local USCIS Office for further processing . I'm curious as to some reasons why applications are transferred ? Is this a bad thing ? I meet every single one of the requirements to qualify for this and all the evidence I sent in was valid .

When Applications filed with a Service Center are transferred to a local USCIS District office it is for the District office to schedule a personal interview of the applicant, usually in order to question the applicant and clarify some issue that was "flagged" or noticed in the applicant's background (a previous arrest, criminal record or a similar name to someone else who is a fugitive, etc., etc.,) or to clarify a possible discrepancy in the applicant's application.

If you feel that none of the above applies to you, them. You could also fall under the 7% or so of nationwide randomly selected cases to be audited and interviewed for "quality purposes."

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

No this is not a bad thing. Not all applications are completed at the service centers because of the heavier workloads there.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

It appears that USCIS has done one of two things; either transferred an overload of these applications to the local field office for completion of processing, or they want to interview you as a matter of quality control checks. I'd retain counsel if you get called for an interview.