Why would cops put numbers on my belongings after i got arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

i got arrest in an airport for resisting they never gave me a proper voucher when i got my stuff back there were numbers on some of the items. implying they were taking pictures of them. why would they do that. and also they never gave me a property voucher when they arrested me

Perhaps inventiry

Probably so the could inventory it. They take a lot of stuff from people at the airport.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Inventory reasons.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

To inventory them for recordkeeping purposes.