Why would a Default Hearing for Child Support be adjourned? The Notice says PRE PROS; does that mean the Prosecuting Attorney?

Asked over 1 year ago - Macomb, MI

Father has denied pay twice and I currently have a PPO on him. He was served to a Motion for Default Hearing of Support. The date was supposed to be next week. This change has been so sudden and the Hearing is now set back 6weeks. Why/who is adjourning this case; how can I find out? I called the Prossecuter and left a message. What would be their resonings? The father has NOT filed for any type of visitations. Could this be a stall tact?

1. John F. Brennan

2

1

Answered . It appears the prosecutor is assisting you,and therefore you need to check with your contact there.
    On the other hand, the way support normally works is that it will be retroactive from the date of filing, of the case or the motion so the ultimate result remains the same so, ultimately, there is no gain from a delay of the motion hearing.