Why would a Default Hearing for Child Support be adjourned? The Notice says PRE PROS; does that mean the Prosecuting Attorney?

Macomb, MI |

Father has denied pay twice and I currently have a PPO on him. He was served to a Motion for Default Hearing of Support. The date was supposed to be next week. This change has been so sudden and the Hearing is now set back 6weeks. Why/who is adjourning this case; how can I find out? I called the Prossecuter and left a message. What would be their resonings? The father has NOT filed for any type of visitations. Could this be a stall tact?

It appears the prosecutor is assisting you,and therefore you need to check with your contact there.
On the other hand, the way support normally works is that it will be retroactive from the date of filing, of the case or the motion so the ultimate result remains the same so, ultimately, there is no gain from a delay of the motion hearing.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for you choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

I know that she is assisting me; what I'm not understanding is to why she adjourned the Hearing. What are possible reasonings?

John F. Brennan

John F. Brennan

Most commonly lack of personal service on the defendant.

? Sorry not understanding? Personal service? In Aug we went in for a meeting, he denied, then Our Hearing for Default was set For early Nov. Yesterday I got a Letter it's adjourned for Mid. Dec. That's 6weeks!!!

John F. Brennan

John F. Brennan

Then, without information I can only guess. Ask the prosecutor assisting you.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support