Why would a credit management agency issue a stop garnishment to my work but to continue to call and harass me?

Wichita, KS |

A credit management agency took me to court and won. Garnished my wages for a couple months. Then issued a stop garnishment to my work. Now they continue to call and harass me at not only home but work.

1. I am not sure why they stopped the garnishment but don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They will probably continue to be obnoxious until they are paid.

2. There are virtually no facts from which to even guess why they would issue the stop garnishment. As for your harassment claims, you should consider writing them a direct letter (certified with a return receipt) asking them to cease contact. If you have other issues with them, you may want to consult with a debt settlement attorney.

When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel.