Why wont any lawyer help me

Asked about 3 years ago - Tucson, AZ

I have been blacklisted in retaliation for making a very valid EEOC charge. I am now homeless and sleep in my car. I cant afford a lawyer. This is why my employer could care less about the charges that being investigated and blacklisted me.

1. Meghan Hayes Slack

1

Answered . There could be many reasons why you have had trouble finding an attorney to take your case. It could be that your case is not as strong as you believe it to be. Discrimination complaints are very hard to prove. It could be that the attorneys you are meeting with cannot afford to take on any more contingency-based cases. Each attorney could have a different reason.

You may want to try to contact a legal services organization. Discrimination complaints are outside of the scope of many organizations, but here is a link to some aid organizations in Arizona that you may want to try: http://www.vlparizona.org/ClientsApply.htm.

Also, even if you cannot find an attorney, you should contact the EEOC immediately and file a retaliation charge. Retaliation is separate basis for discrimination and these claims are often easier to prove than other types of discrimination claims.

Good luck to you!

2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . The previous poster makes several good points. It may also be you have been speaking with attorneys who do not practice employment law. You can find a list of plaintiffs employment attorneys in your area at www.nela.org. You can search by geographic location and practice area.

I wish you the best in resolving your situation.