Why wont any lawyer help me

Tucson, AZ |

I have been blacklisted in retaliation for making a very valid EEOC charge. I am now homeless and sleep in my car. I cant afford a lawyer. This is why my employer could care less about the charges that being investigated and blacklisted me.

There could be many reasons why you have had trouble finding an attorney to take your case. It could be that your case is not as strong as you believe it to be. Discrimination complaints are very hard to prove. It could be that the attorneys you are meeting with cannot afford to take on any more contingency-based cases. Each attorney could have a different reason.

You may want to try to contact a legal services organization. Discrimination complaints are outside of the scope of many organizations, but here is a link to some aid organizations in Arizona that you may want to try: http://www.vlparizona.org/ClientsApply.htm.

Also, even if you cannot find an attorney, you should contact the EEOC immediately and file a retaliation charge. Retaliation is separate basis for discrimination and these claims are often easier to prove than other types of discrimination claims.

Good luck to you!

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

The previous poster makes several good points. It may also be you have been speaking with attorneys who do not practice employment law. You can find a list of plaintiffs employment attorneys in your area at www.nela.org. You can search by geographic location and practice area.

I wish you the best in resolving your situation.

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights.*** These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all of the state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. ***