Why wasn't Will valid

Hico, WV |

I had asked a previous question and Sarah White answered. The reason they gave me as to why the will wasn't valid is because there were no witnesses signing that they witnessed the actual witnesses signatures. They had a will, it was notarized and two witnesses signed. Dont know why it wasn't legal,it was typed and everything.

Don't know the context of the original question so cannot answer.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:

Attorney Zelinger is correct. Without more information, your follow-up question cannot be answered. Hopefully, Attorney White will see this question and answer. Good luck to you.

This information is presented as a public service. It should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor considered to be the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. I am licensed in Connecticut and New York and my answers are based upon the law in those jurisdictions. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if I were to review a client's file and have the opportunity to interview the client. Accordingly, I strongly urge you to retain an attorney in your jurisdiction with respect to any legal matter.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates