Why was I not notified that my proof of service was defected? What is a counter-request to set cade for trial- unlawful detainer

Valley Center, CA |

I moved my family into a house on 8-15-12 and found hidden damages. Informed the landlord. The landlord said that they would have a someone come to check the damages. The service guy came out and said that due to the year of the home it would have to get a lead and

opinion, the landlord came to the house and gave my son a 3 day notice to move on 8-27-12. I sent her a letter about why we can't move out as quickly as she wanted us to so I filed a small claims for the deposit and then in retaliation she filed an unlawful-detainer.

1. Are you referring to your proof of service for your small claims case?

In CA small claims the judge pro-temp will usually decide the sufficiency of all documents and claims, including the service of the SC-100, at the small claims hearing. Thus, if your service or proof of service was found defective, the judge can either push the hearing back in order to allow proper service and a proper proof of service to be filed or dismiss your case. If your case is dismissed then you will need to bring a new claim OR cross-claim against the landlord in the unlawful detainer case.

Feel free to call for a free consultation (805) 845-5405. Good luck.

All content posted on marcusmoraleslaw.com and avvo.com is for educational purposes only and should not be relied on as legal advice. Any information conveyed to marcusmoraleslaw.com, avvo.com or by telephone to the Law Offices of Marcus W. Morales does not create an attorney-client relationship until an attorney-client fee agreement has been entered into and signed by both parties.