Why was bail set only 1200 for 2nd dwi? 750 for failure to stop render aid. I don't understand, everyone else 8000

Rockwall, TX |

They set my bail at 1000. it so low because they did not witness Me driving?
Also refused all tests. No blood, no breath, no sobriety test.
Also no damage to my vehicle or other vehicle that i could see. Was arrested more then 1 hour after other party alleged i hit them outside a resturant. Arrested in my car while parked. Do i have a good chance of beating this? Been arrested many times in this county

I have no idea why your bail was set that way. Magistrates typically follow a bond schedule unless the filing agency makes another recommendation. Only an attorney who has reviewed the state's evidence against you can give you an idea of the strength of your case. Most defense attorneys offer free consultations. I would meet with a few to discuss your case.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney who practices criminal law in your jurisdiction for the most accurate legal advice.

I am in agreement that the Magistrate usually follows a bond schedule. It is also not uncommon for a judge to increase a bond occasionally. You need to hire a competent DWI lawyer in your area.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

Its just i have now reviewed near 100 cases, they are all set at 8000 bond, no exception. I was thinking since i was arrested in my vehicle, keys out of ignition, they set it so low for a weak case. Anyway, thank you and I'm nite looking for attorneys that dwi dui

JaPaula C Kemp

JaPaula C Kemp

It may not matter that you were in your car, keys out of ignition. If they can place you behind the wheel as driving, then you can still be charged. Your attorney will be able to get the offense report and determine whether or not they can "wheel" you. The restaurant may have even had a camera.

I agree with the previous attorneys as far as the magistrate setting the bond. The more important worry for you should be the future of the charges against you. I recommend that you meet with an experienced DWI attorney as soon as possible to get a better perspective on the charges against you. Remember that you only have 15 days to request a hearing on your drivers license.

I agree with the answers stated by the other attorneys. I recommend you consult with a qualified criminal defense attorney who is knowledgable in alcohol related offenses.

Traffic tickets topics