Why unemployment is taking long to give my husband his benefits? what can we do

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

my husband applied for unemployment in October and he has not receive nothing from them . when he called they keep telling him about that they waiting for immigration to get back to him however he has send proof that he has his working permit and permanent residence . what should we do next ?

1. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

1

Answered . It could be a delay in the system. Ask to speak to someone about what proof they need.

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    www.estrellalawyer.com

2. Locksley O'Sullivan Wade

1

Answered . Your husband needs to document his contact with Unemployment. Telephone calls are a waste of time. You will need to Fax a well drafted letter to the Labor Board in Albany, NY. The fax number is on thier website and direct your letter to the head of the agency rather than to "Whom it May Concern." If your husband has is a permanent resident, meaning that he has a Green Card, then there should be no question about his eligibility for benefits barring an employer's protest.

3. Vincent Peter White

Answered . Make sure you continue calling in each week to check and to check-in for your benefits.