Why should judge spinner be allowed to refuse a pro se person a traverse hearing.?

Brookhaven, NY |

shouldn't we the people have some rights. I was never served, so I went to a hearing and explained it. Was told to file papers. I did, but didn't put where I was living. So he refused to allow me a traverse hearing. With the rights to this hearing I would have proved I was never served and where I did live. Do judges and attys have the legal rights to abuse PRO SE people?
We do not wish to be Pro Se but $350 to $450 per hour is out of most people reach... also I have hired 3 attys that have messed up cases.. Once you hire a atty you are not allowed to speak, even when the atty is completely wrong and can't answer the questions,,,,,example.. appeal court today...is that fair, to lose a case because the atty forgot the answers. I've lost my condo because of the lies.. Schneider/Motala atty

1. Being pro se should not effect how you are treated by a judge. However if you are pro se you should follow all the rules and procedures that an attorney would know. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Without seeing the papers, it would be improper to comment on why a decision was rendered in the manner that it was.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. In order to be able to challenge the service of papers and be granted a traverse hearing, you need to raise sufficient facts to dispute the sufficiency of that service through a sworn statement. The details of what constitutes a sufficient refutation are not cut and dry. If your central claim was that you could not have been served with the papers because you did not live at the location where the process server delivered them, most judges would probably require you to state where you actually live in order to be entitled to a hearing.