Why not begin trial, if....

Yonkers, NY |

The people are ready off calendar??? Isnt the prosecutors interest to bring me to court before the next ajournement date if they are "ready" now? Why wait until next court date??

You have the right to a speedy trial. Demand it.

I do NOT know you. I am NOT your lawyer. This answer is provided for the general public who may have similar queries. The answer provided is NOT definitive. I do NOT know all of the facts of your case and NO attorney-client relationship is established. Please do not use my answer to tell your lawyer what to do. Free advise is worth exactly what you are paying. Trust the lawyer who is charging you for his/her time and expertise. If you can no longer trust your lawyer, then hire someone else. I am always interested in new clients and business opportunities and would welcome your call or email to discuss matters further. For more information, please feel free to visit my website or schedule an appointment.

Have your atty pull your time waiver if he/she hasnt already done so. You should be posting in the criminal defense category, not litigation.

There are many reasons cases get continued/reassigned: on the motion of the prosecutor or defense; the courts own trial calender; missing witnesses, discovery still outstanding; a host of good reasons for cause. If you want a jury trial date, consult with your defense attorney to make the motion before the trial judge.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

There are many factors that can go into setting up a trial date including the judge's calendar, the jury pool availability and whether either side has had good reason for a postponement. You should discuss this with your attorney and question them as to whether the right to a speedy trial has been violated. Also, what they think the delay is about.