Why my i-130 petition was sent to the court ice attorney in los angeles instead to the nvc

San Bernardino, CA |

i have pending asylum application but my us citizen wife is petitioning while my asylum case is pending.the i-130 was already approved and was sent to ice attorney and i dont know why.
i came as an illegal immigrant i got by immigration put in court then i requested political asylum and been under it ever since i crossed the us borders

1. Because "i came as an illegal immigrant i got by immigration put in court then i requested political asylum and been under it ever since i crossed the us borders"

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Are you eligible to adjust your status in the US?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Consult with an immigration attorney to check out your alternative and get response to questions you have in your mind. With such little information, its difficult to answer you.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com

4. The reason your family-based petition was sent to the government attorney is because you're in proceedings. Mr. Shusterman asked a very important question. Are you eligible to adjust status in the United States?

Any and all responses to this and any other questions are intended for basic informational purposes only and are not legal advice.