Why my green card is taking so long?

Garfield, NJ |

i apply to renew my green card on july12,2011 form i-751...i did my fingerprint...and on April 2012 they asked for adittional information...i send them twice and they recived my papers on June 2012.... today is august 2012 and they didn't bring my green card yet....why is taking so long...i call customer service they keep telling me that my case status is on process...

1. Given the fact that an RFE was issued, it would appear to be well within normal processing times.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. They are reviewing your petition. Go to www.uscis.gov to check the processing times for I-751. You may also want to hire an immigration attorney to help you.

3. I agree. This doesn't appear to be 'too long'.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.