Why is USCIS visiting me at home?

Dallas, TX |

If everything went ok, what is next? Should this speed up my approval?

1. A home visit can mean wrongdoing is suspected. You can either wait to see what may come or speak to an immigration attorney about your case.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. If this is a marriage case ... you need to be very worried

Hire a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics