Why is USCIS taking so long to approve my deferred action application???

El Monte, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

They received it on Dec 3,2012 and it's already March the 13 and i'm still on "initial Review" SMFH should i call and ask how is my application process going?? some people got approved after two weeks of doing their biometrics!!?? i think this is BS that their making me wait when i have send mines in first smh that's just not fair!

Wow. Don't take it so personal. Keep in mind that you are not "entitled" to any benefits. Your application is likely being processed in the normal course of business. Each application is being evaluated on its own merits. Your issues are different from "some people." Some are "under review." Some will get a "request for evidence", and some will be denied. You can be certain that you will receive notification in due course. Perhaps tomorrow. It's been taking a few months on average. Be patient and optimistic. Good luck to you.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

I have some clients for whom I filed a DACA application in October and we're still waiting for a response for those. Try to be patient, the delay doesn't necessarily mean that they're going to deny your application. Time in Immigration Land moves much more slowly than most of us are used to and it's common for applications to take months to be processed.

If you found this answer helpful, please mark it "helpful" or "best answer." Thank you! Laura Mandell, Gingell Immigration, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online: | Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration