Why is the other insurance company taking us to court when it was clearly not my fault

San Francisco, CA |

i was involved in car accident nearly 12 months ago the other car went right into the back of us my car was write off, the police attended and have done report which puts them at fault and there are also whittness, 12monts later my solictior has started court proceedings as the insurance company has said they have got their insurance fraudlanty but surely that has nothing to do with the case, will they go to court or will they make an offer or do i need to get new solictior any advice please

If you are being taken to court, notify your insurance company as they will provide you with a lawyer.

Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083.

If you are being sued, you need to have an attorney immediately review the summons and complaint and file a timely response. It might be possible to tender the defense of the lawsuit to your own insurance carrier. Act promptly. There isn't sufficient information in your post for any attorney to give you specific advice about what you need to do, or to explain why the other insurance company is suing you now.

The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author (who is only admitted to practice law in the State of California). For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

As the others have said, you should contact your insurance providerband make sure they are aware of what is happening. Request that they put you in touch with an attorney as soon as possible. Of course, you could always find a local attorney on your own if you prefer. Just make sure the court documents are reviewed by an attorney as soon as possible.

This response applies to California Law only and does not create any legal relationship between the attorney and the person who submitted the question.

Recommended articles about Personal injury