Why is my SSN getting delayed

Phoenix, AZ |

I got approved i-797 for COS from H4 to H1 in Nov 2012.(i-797 with i-94) It's been 2 months since then nd still I didn't get SSN. Every time I visit SSA I hear from them that DHS or Immigration is unable to validate my records with the documents I submitted to SSA. Now I see that in my i-797, last letter in last name is missing. Is this causing the delay in issuing SSN?
How can I get my SSN ASAP?

Possibly. If CIS made the mistake contact them and ask for a correction

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

what is CIS

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Citizenship and Immigration Services

Yes..that is possible..i agree..if a mistake was made contact them and ask for a correction.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

I agree with my colleagues.