Why is my SSN getting delayed

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

I got approved i-797 for COS from H4 to H1 in Nov 2012.(i-797 with i-94) It's been 2 months since then nd still I didn't get SSN. Every time I visit SSA I hear from them that DHS or Immigration is unable to validate my records with the documents I submitted to SSA. Now I see that in my i-797, last letter in last name is missing. Is this causing the delay in issuing SSN?
How can I get my SSN ASAP?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . Possibly. If CIS made the mistake contact them and ask for a correction

2. Ian Edmund Scott

1

Answered . Yes..that is possible..i agree..if a mistake was made contact them and ask for a correction.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.