Why is my i-130 form taking so long to be processed in uscis?

Paterson, NJ |

I am a us citizen and filled out the form i-130 for my husband that lives in europe. I filled out this form in september and was told i will get an acceptance letter in 5 months. But i am worried this may take longer ? Any advice ?? Please respond. Thank you.

I-130 approval can take up to 7 months now. Some go quicker. Some take longer. When there is strong evidence of the relationship that can help the process go quicker. If you are concerned, you'd need to have a consultation for a lawyer to review your relationship and evidence submitted to USCIS.

Have you submitted all evidence of bona fide relationship? It may take about 6 months to get adjudication. Our cases going faster, but all evidence submitted right away with a form.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Yes i have. My attorney sent pictures of me and pics of my husband. My marriage certificate has been sent also . As well as our birth certificates and passport pictures and my husbands signature

Tsirina Goroshit

Tsirina Goroshit

that is not a proof of bona fide marriage, we submit much more than that.

Like what exactly ?

Isnt the interview that my husband is going to have at the embassy in europe for the visa going to prove our marriage when he answers those questions about me and him ?

Those time estimates are just that - estimates. You are not out of the normal processing time frame yet. I would caution you that if you did not provide everything necessary to prove that the marriage is bona fide, it could take longer.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Did you send anything else? What you have sent suggests that you went through a marriage ceremony, but is not necessarily sufficient to prove that the marriage is bona fide.

My attorney sent out the marriage certificate, both of our birth certificates, our signatures, passports pictures, pictures of the wedding ceremony of me and my husband , documents of my husbands no criminal records. What else do you need exactly for a marriage to be "bona fide " please explain

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Proof a shared life together - a commingling of assets, debts...

Your can make an info-pass appointment with USCIS to check on your application.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.