Why is my husband receiving a letter from the probate court when he has an attorney to handle the procedure?

Asked over 1 year ago - Beloit, WI

my husband is executor to his moms estate... he hired an attorney to handle the proceedings for him... yet he received a letter saying the inventory list is overdue ... isn't this something the attorney is suppose to handle? they only have a house that should be on the list no other property or assets.. thank you

1. Daniel J. Krause

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Often the court will mail notices to the attorney and the executor. Your husband should confirm the attorney got the notice , and if he has further concerns, he should discuss them with the estate attorney.

2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . Probably because your husband is the personal representative, and has a personal obligation to the court and estate.

3. Donald Joseph Quinn II

1

1

Answered . Your husband should really ask his attorney about this situation.